Monday, April 5, 2010

Cheering for Felicity!

Because unfortunately I don't have time to call each and every one of my friends and family members to inform them of my progress in baby birthing, here is an update:

I am still at home and officially 40 weeks and 2 1/2 days pregnant. 40 weeks is when a baby's due date is, so Felicity could come any day now. I went to the Ob today, and had my membranes stripped. Feel free to ask me privately if you want to know what this means or what it's like. For now I'll just say it's rather painful but was encouraged when, after the procedure, the doctor said, "You're da bomb! You have such a high threshold for pain. I would never let anyone do that to me!" Good things to hear before the pain of child birth sets in (: He stripped my membranes in order to get the prostraglandins, or "contraction starters", pumping through my body.

After that, I was hooked up to a fetal monitor for a non-stress test. One monitor measured Felicity's heartrate, another measured my contractions, and I had to press a button every time Felicity moved. Well Felicity decided to take a nap, so I had to have a snack to wake her back up again, so the test took longer than normal. Anyways, in the end, Felicity moved around and seemed to be dealing well with the contractions. The Ob then asked me if I wanted to be induced, and I told him I'd rather give Felicity a little more time to come out on her own. He agreed to this but had me make an appointment for this Thursday morning. And, from the way I understand things, if I haven't had Felicity by Thursday, I will probably be induced soon after that.

Please keep Felicity, Daniel, and I in your prayers as we wait. Thanks friends!

4 comments:

  1. way to go girl!!! you know i want to know what stripping membranes means...sounds like weird stuff!! shoot me an email or something...:)

    keep on baking little felicity. we can wait a few more days if you're not ready!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you guys! Can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying / cheering for you! I am in Canada, I feel sooo out of the loop, so I will be stalking your blog nightly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck Kirby and Felicity!

    ReplyDelete