Friday, January 14, 2011

Remembering December


I want to take a few minutes to look back on all the exciting events that December held. Here goes:

-Girls Night Out Ornament Exchange! This was the second year I've been able to attend this with my high school buds and it was so fun! I loved chatting with these special ladies, eating delicious food at Seasons 52, and giving and receiving some very cute ornaments. Thanks, ladies! It was a great night and I'm glad to have each of you in my life!

Thanks Kathryn for the picture!

-Daniel got some tickets to the Nutcracker for FREE! We are so thankful for the generosity of the lady who gave these to us. We are also so thankful that Gran and Grandad came down to babysit for us! We really had to pull their legs but they finally gave in ;) I always love getting (semi) dressed up and going out with my man! It was quite a treat! Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures from our trip to the Fox but we did take some when we returned home.



-Daniel's big trip to LAS VEGAS! Yes, you heard right. Daniel went to Vegas! He went for a veterinary conference in mid-December. He definitely got spoiled for the 4 days he was there. My Dad was in Russia while Daniel was gone, so I headed up to Marietta so that my Mom and I could keep each other company. I really thought this would be more of a break for me, but Felicity was full of separation anxiety since her Daddy was gone and we weren't at home so I spent most of my time calming a (very sweet but) fussy baby and keeping the dogs from running away, fighting, jumping on the baby, etc. I did however get new glasses frames, get my hair cut by none other than "Ms. Tammy" (my hairdresser from everything to my first haircut to my wedding do), and lie around watching movies and being lazy.

-My family(minus the Clelands) headed down to Disney World for Charlotte's first trip down there, so I got to take Kristin to the airport, take care of my parents' dog Mitzi, and see my family before and after they were at the airport since we live so close to it. Seeing them all throughout the week was a treat!

-One of my favorite memories from December was the trip that we took to Perimeter mall. Daniel and I love going to the mall just before Christmas. We love the hustle and bustle, seeing Santa Clause, shopping, and doing some good old fashioned people watching. Felicity didn't see Santa because we didn't want to wait in line, but I think she still enjoyed "seeing the sights".

-Daniel and I did our traditional "Christmas Date Night In" by getting Carrabba's To Go and giving each other Christmas gifts. I so look forward to this tradition- a quiet night at home by the Christmas tree with my hubby. Sharing a delicious meal and giving and receiving gifts. This year did not disappoint!

-And of course, Christmas! We loved being able to visit Daniel's family in Chattanooga and my family in Marietta. The day we began our travels, Felicity woke up with a cough that did not sound good. She slowly got sick and felt pretty rotten by the end of it all. Then, of course, Daniel got sick and then I got sick. We had at least one family member sick for about a week and a half. It was awful! I am now going to re-double my efforts at staying well and keeping us healthy. As you probably already know, we had a beautiful white Christmas. What a magical, special memory! I loved playing in the snow while one of Daniel's favorite memories is sitting with my family in the bonus room, eating Kristin's homemade apple pie and watching Inception. I'll stop being chatty and post some pictures from Christmas and playing in the snow!



Showing off her new headband. Recognize my jammies? I got engaged in them! (see below)


Crazy kids! 12/24/05


Silly Mitzi sniffing Felicity and her new toy


Yippee!

No time for clothes! Jammies will suffice!


Robed crazies

Sisters and baby (in my right hand)

Catchin' snow


My Little Blue Land Rover Truck. Thanks G-Paw (:


Linus the Snowman

Sully by the tree

Beautiful Baby. Sleepy Daddy.


While looking back on December, I've again been reminded that though there were some trying times last month, I have so much for which to be thankful...and I am. Here's to a new year and many more blessings!

Take care loved ones!
Kirby Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment