Thursday, June 28, 2012

Calling all Friends

I've been considering putting something on Facebook lately, but didn't want to be too open, so I figured I'd just turn to my blog to openly ask for prayers.  This coming Monday, July 2 was my due date- the day I thought I'd be delivering Joni and holding her in my arms.  A few weeks ago it really hit me that the due date was quickly approaching and I've been semi-panicking since then.  It's a day I'd rather not have to face, a day that I thought would be so wonderful now seems so....painful?  bittersweet?  wrong?  unfair?

Thankfully, Daniel has taken off work so our family of 3 will be spending the day together.  I don't know what we'll be doing yet but I am glad to know that we can be together as we remember and miss little Joni and all that we were looking forward to doing with her.





I'm asking you to please pray for my family.  Please pray that we would be comforted as we grieve and that we would draw close to the Lord, each other, and our families and friends as we grieve.  Pray that we'd know how to spend our time on the 2nd.  Also, please pray that we'd be able to take a deep breath after the 2nd and hopefully get some more closure from the passing of her due date.  I feel like my life has been put on hold for the past several months and I hope that I feel some relief from that with the passing of July 2.

Also, we are thrown into a busy long weekend after her due date and that is causing us some anxiety too.  Pray that our travels would go well and that, whether we're happy or sad, our time celebrating July 4th, a birthday, and our anniversary would go exceptionally well.  Also, as if facing my due date isn't enough, July 1 is the 5 month anniversary of when I found out Joni wasn't alive, and the 3rd is the anniversary of my surgery.  So it's like we have 3 hard days in a row, followed immediately by celebrations and travel.  Whoa.  That just seems like to much of a roller coaster of emotion for me to handle!  So we obviously need A LOT of prayer, love and support right now and I'm asking you to help me with that.  I am so grateful for our friends and family that have been there for Daniel and I over the past several months.  I keep worrying that people will just grow tired or impatient with me but that has not been the case and we are so thankful to be supported by such kind, thoughtful, sensitive family and friends.

2 comments:

  1. I will be praying for you guys! It will be a rough couple of days, but it will be over with for the year. I think I would rather have it that way than spread out, honestly. We are here for you if you need anything! Sending much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sending big hugs your way and I will keep you all in my thoughts next week

    ReplyDelete